Thursday, April 9, 2009

Orzo and Spinach

Tuesday night Big Bear had a couple of late meetings. I was originally supposed to go to dinner with a friend, but she got the nasty virus that is going around. At first I thought I would go home and have a bowl of cereal or something simple. Right before I left school I was scanning through some of my blog roll and came across a recipe that caught my eye on Ezra Pound Cake, a new favorite blog. I had all of the ingredients so I thought I would give this Orzo with Spinach and Feta recipe a try.

The recipe called for a pound of spinach, but I only had a half of pound. I thought it would be enough, but next time I make this I will add the full pound. I didn’t stir in the spinach like the recipe instructs. I just put it in the pot and then dumped it in the strainer when I drained the orzo. This caused the spinach to clump. Next time I will mix in the spinach with the orzo.

It was really, really good. Even though I forgot to add the pine nuts. Big Bear got home just as I was dishing this up ~ good timing, don’t you think? We both really enjoyed this. It will be REALLY good next time when I remember the pine nuts! :)

1 comment:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Thanks for posting this one....it looks SO GOOD!! I am going to try it when we get back home!

Have a Happy Easter!

Lisa