Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Since I don't make or eat corn beef and sauerkraut I was wondering what I could cook or bake for St. Patrick's Day. After a little search I found St. Pat's Pistachio Cookies. Well, cookies are my thing so I thought I would give them a try.

The recipe is really simple. The finished cookie is like a short bread. They are not an extremely exciting cookie, but I think they'll be good with tea. They are perfect for St. Patrick's day because they sure are green! If you do make them I would offer one suggestion. If you can't find unsalted pistachio nuts cut the amount of salt in half or leave it out all together. I wish I would have.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



1 comment:

Robin said...

I love pistacio nuts.

I'm not a cornbeef person either so I made a lasagna using turkey as the meet and added spinach so it's a florentine lasagna. :0) Also thought I'd make some Watergate salad for dessert since it's green.

Happy St. Patty's Day to you!